Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is a highly valued service in today’s competitive marketplace. SEO is imperative in creating a strong online presence, ensuring your company name, product or service comes up in basic Google searches. Content marketing has become the name of the game. So how do you ensure your site is optimized?
Before beginning, consider the following:
- Define your goals. What are you trying to achieve through your site?
- Who is your audience? Write up a profile of people who will likely look at your site.
- What is your approach?
- Check out your competition. Remember, there’s always a lot to learn out there. See how others are framing themselves. Look at the keywords they are using and the strategies they are implementing to gain customers.
Even after your website is up and running, revisit the content regularly and continuously update it with new material, such as blog posts, videos and relevant articles. It’s important to keep your customers in the loop, so make sure to inform them of the latest on your site through a newsletter or email of some kind.
Remember, “content is king.” Spend the time doing keyword research and analysis and use strategic placement. Keeping those words in your headers and your title pages will dramatically increase your searchability.
Here are some more helpful tips to ensure SEO success:
- Create simple and clear site navigation. If possible, include two site maps: one for users and an xml map to submit to all search engines.
- Have a friend or family member test your navigation and note any issues, particularly with speed. Provide them with different scenarios to try out.
- Your content should be written simply enough to be understood by a fourth grader.
- Create a unique page title and URL for every page on the site.
- Each page should focus on a single keyword or phrase.
- The title page should not exceed 72 characters and must include a primary keyword.
- Always add a description that uses your keywords or phrases, but don’t exceed 165 characters.
- Ensure that all links work.
- Ensure you have no duplicate content, especially on different pages. This will drive users away.
- Your content should be high quality – that is, it should provide all the information necessary that the user is searching for in a clear, easy-to-understand format.
- Use Google Analytics to see what is and what is not working, then fix accordingly.
- If someone is angry or upset about your content or something on your site, take this as an opportunity to improve.
- Keep reviews and testimonials on your site – there’s nothing that entices people more than a great product or service review.
When working on SEO, stay up to date with the latest trends to maximize your web traffic. Be mindful of your target audience and take stock of every word on your website. The key to a successful SEO campaign is attention to detail. If careful thought and consideration is put into executing your web site, the payoff will be well worth the time and effort. Successful SEO means a more successful business.
– See more at: http://ecobrandit.com/blog/eco-branding-insights13-tips-seo-marketing/#sthash.qjYSWKP3.dpuf